The Eddsworld Competition was a competition started by Edd Gould on YouTube started back in 2008, in which he challenged others to make their own Eddsworld-related Flash animations. Edd narrowed the entries down to eleven animations. A total of 1,794 people voted on which animation was the best.
The competition had two rules:
- The submissions could not simply copy an existing scene.
- The submissions had to be based on Eddsworld.
The results from the public vote are as follows:
|Position||Username||Number of votes||Percentage of votes|
11) TrippingMetal -
9) GammaByteStudios - Animation, beginning with Gamma wondering how he could win the Competition. He then proceeds to steal Edd's shoes in order to think like Edd. He is then run over by a train, driven by Tom. The group look on at the body, until Matt throws a grenade at it, much to Tom's annoyance who asks why can't they 'live like British people'. This confuses Edd as they are British, until Tord points out they could act like upper-class stereotypical British people. They have a tea party, which is interrupted by a bear, who scares away Tom and kills Tord - using Tord's blood as tea. This scares Matt and Edd.
8) EdwardRussell - Animation, featuring a dance competition between Ed and a stranger. This video was removed from YouTube after the competition (the only finalist's video to be removed).
7) PhillipSuperShow - Animation, featuring a fictional history of Eddsworld. Tom wants a Smirnoff, but unfortunately the gang has no money. Edd then decides to put animations on the internet to rise the money. However, they spend all their newly-gained money in an arcade, before they remember about the Smirnoff.
6) KidneyJohn - Animated music video, featuring a video for Synthos, with Edd having his brain removed, Tom becomes a flower, Tord as he was in Moving Targets and Matt (compared to Beaker from the Muppets) lighting up a decoration, which says "Indubitably".
5) Ukinojoe - Live-action/Animation Hybrid, featuring Edd walking across the screen, only to be captured by a large live-action version of Joe, who proceeds to rip off Edd's arm before decapitating and eating him.
4) Lisamoya - Silent Animation, beginning with a scene of Lisa looking at her earlier video for the Eddsworld competition, where there is a negative comment from Eddsworld. She accidentally throws a revenge comic in Edd's house and tries to retrieve it, only to be caught by Edd and Tord, who threaten her with violence until they realise they could make money by selling her back to relatives. Her friends arrive and hurt Tom in exchange for payment. They give them the revenge comic and the group gets mad and chases after her with weapons.
3) Cobalt0Chloride - Animation, starting with the gang watching an advert for moving to Canada. It is spectacularly underwhelming and the group are glad they live in the UK, when a coke drops from the ceiling and Edd grabs it and is quickly whisked to Canada - quickly followed by the rest when they try to rescue him. After a brief conversation with a local Canadian, they are then advised to go to the airport. After a long tedious journey, they reach the airport.
2) PivotRJ - Animation, coming second to TORENOROSE's film. This short features Edd trying to paint eyes on Tom. However, when Tom realises this, he shoots himself (and that's why you don't give Tom eyes).
1) TORENOROSE - Stop-motion Claymation, which contains, amongst others, a parody of ET, a cola can wreaking his revenge on Edd by drinking him and music videos to Daft Punk's Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, Caramelldansen and Andrew W.K.'s We Want Fun.